Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bloody Mary

There is a legend which every child has heard. It strikes fear into the hearts of many, and nightmares are inevitable. It is the legend of Bloody Mary.

I'm pretty sure you already know how the tale goes, but let me give you a brief recap, just in case. A woman named Mary was murdered somehow, the legends all vary on the method, but it is always a brutal murder. Now they say if you go into the bathroom, turn off the lights, and say Bloody Mary three times (sometimes while spinning), Mary will appear in the mirror and scratch your eyes out!

Now, most of us human beings of average intelligence or more pretty much agree that going into a bathroom and chanting some woman's name three times, isn't going to do much. If your spinning, you might make yourself dizzy, but that's about it. Try telling that to my sister.

My little sis has a friend sleepover last night, and about midnight it starting storming. I mean thunder, lightening, wind the whole nine yards, so they decided to tell ghost stories. Well, one thing led to another and we ended watching a creepy Supernatural (TV series) episode called Bloody Mary. Which is obviously about the legend of Bloody Mary. Anyways, we watched that, it spooked my sister a little (so I thought) and we went to bed. Today, my sis and her friend decided to say Bloody Mary three times in the bathroom with the lights off. Smart move after scary yourselves senseless the night before, right?

Since then my sister has been taking paranoid to a whole new level. She refuses to be in a room with the door closed alone, lights on or not. She jumps at the slightest sounds and is convinced she keeps seeing/hearing people outside our doors. Of course, my brother and I aren't helping the matter, but come on, she is making it way to easy for us not to antagonize her. Even our Mom pulled a joke on her. It is just that easy. Hopefully she'll mellow soon, because she is not getting in bed with me tonight. She is a cover thief. Till next time.

~If there is any specific topic you would like me to write about, send me an e-mail at BriarBlack@hotmail.com~

2 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Leave your poor sister alone!! Of course, she probably likes the attention. Even if it is creepy, scary, pullin prank kind of attention. I think it's funny though. Supernatural isn't really all that scary to me, but it's been known to give my hubby nightmares! (Shhh... Don't tell him I said that!)

Create said...

your page is very nice..but i wanna clarify a comment that you wrote to me on my reviews...you congradulated me on my son...i didn't understand what you meant..i have no younger children...all my kids are grown...if your speaking on behave of my partner...he's grown man..34 yrs old..no kids here either...just want to clear this up...good page though..keep up the good work...create