Thursday, June 12, 2008

Apology and TV Shows

Guys I am so sorry for not posting last night!! You see the thing is, I sat down on my sister's bed around 10:00 to watch a few minutes of TV with her, and the next thing I know I'm waking up at 4:00 a.m. Figures right? Then I was a busy little bumble bee all day so early posting was not on the agenda. Well, I'm back now anyways with my deepest and humblest apology. No more watching TV at night for me before I post.

Speaking of television, has anyone tried watching the new children's cartoon out there? I have a twelve year old sister and a nine year old brother, so of course cartoons are constantly on in my home. I swear if I hear one more Spongebob "Who Lives in a Pineapple under the sea?" theme song I may have to do something drastic. Something truly heinous. Such as hiding all of the remotes in the house. That should break them in about fifteen minutes flat. I really and truly hate Spongebob Squarepants, but for that matter I'm not a big fan of most of the cartoons shows out there.

You know what cartoons I remember watching? Cartoons such as X-men, Spiderman, Batman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, and I'm sure there are more I just can't think about them at the moment. Now what do kids watch? They watch Spongebob Squarepants -shudder- a cartoon about an incredibly stupid Sponge. I mean a Sponge? Come one now, someone, somewhere could have thought of a better creature to base the show around. That and he lives in a pineapple. I won't even start on that one. So they watch Spongebob Squarepants and The Fairly Oddparents. Yes folks two so-called fairy godparents think it's fun to masquerade as a fish and live in a tiny aquarium. I can see they are mentally stable. I say "so-called" fairy godparents because any sane kid that watches that show would probably run screaming if they though that they might get fairy godparents such as these. I seriously think that buck-toothed kid is way better off without them.

What has happened to my beloved Nickelodeon? I loved The Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power, and yes, even the Rugrats to a certain degree. Did you notice that Nickelodeon had multiple shows back then? Not just those four either, they had Doug, Ren and Stimpy and a few others I' m sure I'm leaving out. What do they have now? Spongebob Squarepants and The Fairly Oddparents. Those two, with the occasional Jimmy Neutron thrown in, are the only shows I ever see Nickelodeon playing these days and they're not any good.

The really sad thing about it is, they had two good shows on Nickelodeon Danny Phantom and Avatar The Last Airbender and those are the two they choose to cancel. Oh, Avatar is still technically running, about one new show every three month, and Danny Phantom is over for good. Oh lovely Nickelodeon how the mighty has fallen. Well, it's back to re-runs for me. Thanks for tolerating today's rant. Later.

~If you have a specific topic you would like me to write about, send me an e-mail at BriarBlack@hotmail.com~

3 comments:

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

I couldn't agree more! I detest Spongebob Squarepants, and cannot even fathom a single reason why it would be so incredibly popular right now. It is entirely STUPID! Yeah. I miss the good old cartoons from my childhood, too. Maybe somebody brilliant will become a writer for the big networks like Nickelodeon. Doubtful, though. Because stuff like Spongebob is so incredibly popular.

Create said...

what fibers that sponge..absorbs his existence.. so..the only way to escape him ..is to soak him in a pool of mouthwash...let him scribble up...morne the loss..as a result...cancelled..da houshold.. wears what's fresh and clean..new idea for his acts..which stinks...spongebob..gets washed up...spits him out your tv screen..did i help any???..superb work..love it
CREATE...EXCELLENT!!!!

Politi Gal said...

Dude...I dunno...I kinda dig SpongeBob. I mean he's no PowderPuff girls but...eh...he's ok.