Monday, June 2, 2008

My Writing Process

The writing part is easy, it's the sitting down and getting started part that's hard. I once told that to my English professor when she asked me about a particularly nasty writing assignment I had just turned in. You see, I am the type of writer that will try to do just about anything to keep from sitting down and actually writing. I'll be sitting at the keyboard, poised, ready to challenge my subject head-on, and suddenly I'll decide that it's time for dinner, or I have to go to the rest room. I mean, who could properly write with all of that commotion taking place right outside their window? Basically, if there is an excuse to keep from writing, I have used it. Probably multiple times.

That being said, I am hell bent and glory bound to have at least one new blog up every day. Hopefully more, but that will depend on how busy I am with other activities. Now, because of "my little problem" there is no telling when I will get the blog posted, or how long it will be. There is every possibility that I will post a three-sentence blog five minutes before twelve ranting about why I couldn't/didn't post earlier. Those will be a rare occurrences though. For the most part, I will have a two-to-three paragraph blog up, rambling about whatever subject comes to mind. So stay tuned, I'll be back soon with a new post that will probably much more interesting than this first introductory one. Talk to you then.

~If you have a particular subject you would like me to write about send me an e-mail at: BriarBlack@hotmail.com~

1 comment:

Jenny from the Blog said...

"The writing part is easy, it's the sitting down and getting started part that's hard."

That is so true. I am the most distracted person when it comes to sitting down and getting something done. Nice post.