Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Preteens: Are they human?

Looking at my home, you wouldn't think anything scary could possibly exist there. We live in a decent neighborhood, where absolutely nothing exciting ever happens, our home is clean, our yard is neat, and we even have roses growing beside the front door. You would never suspect that there was a monster secretly lurking behind that seemingly innocent front door. Unknown to you, however, there is preteen skulking withing, ready to strike at the first unsuspecting passerby!!

Okay, perhaps that was a tad bit melodramatic, but at times I have serious internal debates about whether or not aliens have abducted my real sister and replaced her with an evil clone. Well, maybe not serious internal debates about alien abductions. My sister, however, has gone through drastic personality changes in these past few months. I really don't know what happened to her. When I went back to college after Christmas break, she was the same sweet, err, semi-sweet girl I had known since childhood. After college let out for the summer and I came back, it was like a stranger was sharing a room with me. A temperamental, over-dramatic, conniving stranger. The scary part about this, is that she behaves as if nothing is different. She raises cain, has crying fits, and then walks around the rest of the day as if nothing happened. Maybe she thinks the whole family has short term memory loss and doesn't remember her craziness. I'm not quite sure.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sister very much, despite her insanity, and I know this is just a phase. So, I'm going to go all sentimental on this blog and say that I suppose I will just have to stick with her through all of this, and help the parents out the best I can. Since they are the ones really lost on how to handle her, but they are getting better at it. As the first child I was the guinea pig, so to speak, so with past experience they are taking her.....ummm......."difficulties" in stride.

As for the title question, "Preteens: Are they human?", the answer is a resounding NO, but eventually their humanity will eek back into their system and you can have a rational conversation with them again. Hopefully. If not, maybe my brother and I can sell her and get a cat. Everyone goes home happy.

~If you have a specif topic you would like me to write about send me an e-mail at BriarBlack@hotmail.com~

No comments: